Teeth whitening (bleaching) trays are molded from a flexible material to fit your teeth. We will provide you with the substance to put in the trays to whiten your teeth.
- Load the gel into your bleaching trays. Use 1/5 of the syringe.
- Brush your teeth, then insert tray. Adapt the tray sides to your teeth.
- Leave the trays in for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess gel with a clean finger or soft toothbrush. Rinse twice; do not swallow the rinse.
- If significant sensitivity occurs, stop treatment and consult your dentist.
- Clean trays with a soft brush and cool tap water. Store your trays in the case provided.
- Do not use household bleach to whiten your teeth.
- Pregnant women should not use bleach.
- Keep gel out of heat/sunlight. Do Not Freeze.
- Tooth fillings and crowns do not respond to bleaching.
- Food and juices high in acidity may cause sensitivity.
- If you have any questions regarding the appropriate use of this product, please consult your dentist as soon as possible.
- Do not use tobacco products or eat while bleaching.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gum line. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity while bleaching. Should this occur, contact your dentist. Your dentist may recommend that you bleach every second or third night.
- Foods and juices high in citric acid can cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat, or tongue. Should any of these symptoms persist more than two days or progressively worsen, call your dentist. These side effects will usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can re-stain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth can be re-whitened with a few nights of bleaching.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after bleaching to maintain a healthy smile.
- If you have any questions pertaining to this treatment, please ask your dentist.
- Some old amalgam or "silver" fillings may leave a dark purple color in your bleaching tray; this is normal.
- Store bleach out of the sun and heat. Should be refrigerated to maintain shelf life.
- Discard any unused bleaching gel after treatment is complete.
- Keep bleach out of the reach of small children.