Benefits Of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Help preserve the bone
- Help maintain the integrity of the facial structures
- Increase stability
- Eliminate the need for adhesives
- Help reduce pain from ill-fitting dentures
- Help to improve your eating habits - eating right can improve oral health
- Restore chewing ability - eat what you like
- Improve speech
- Improve self-confidence
Traditional Dentures Can't Prevent Bone Loss
Missing all of your upper or lower teeth can cause severe problems that even regular dentures can't remedy.
Implant-supported dentures are the only treatment that helps to prevent bone loss, helps to preserve your appearance, and gives you strong and stable protection against the slipping and chattering of traditional dentures.
There Are Three Kinds Of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Implant-Retained Dentures lock into place but can unlock for removal.
- Implant Bar Supported Dentures snap securely onto a bar or other device.
- Fixed Crown and Bridge Dentures are permanently screwed into place.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Case Plan - Your implant team plans your case to ensure the best outcome.
- Implant Placement - The dentist or specialist places the implant and forms the gum tissue esthetically around the implant.
- Healing Period - The bone around the implant grows onto the implant for several weeks.
- Placement of Abutments- When healing is complete, your dentist removes the cover screws and places the abutments onto which the implant-supported dentures will be attached. An impression is taken and the final dentures are ordered from the lab.
- Final Dentures - When the final dentures are returned from the lab, they are put into place and the process is complete.
Straumann® Dental Implant System
Straumann is one of the world's leading implant companies. For nearly 30 years in more than 3 million patients, Straumann implants have made sure that missing teeth doesn't mean missing any part of life.